HOME »« CONTACT »« WHY TAG? »«WANT TO BE AN APRON GODDESS?»«ADVERTISING & SPONSORING

Monday, February 23, 2009

Apron Goddess-"Suzi the Chicken Lady"

Good Monday TAG ladies. I hope that Aprons were in your weekend at some point or another. I baked bread with my two kids and we all wore our aprons. It was a contest to see who could clash the loudest with the other, since Ella was wearing her green apple-polka dotted apron and Wyatt was wearing his construction orange Home Depot apron. It was a total eye-sore... However, I melded the two with a purple hibiscus print apron...but on to business.

Since I am running a second week of sign ups for the sewing pattern book: Early 20th Century Vintage Apron Collection by June Bartos at Dorothy's Aprons, please sign up for the giveaway here.

Today, I present another Apron Goddess from California who chases chickens around in her spare time. Suzi manages a flock of hens composed of pesky Danish leghorns, Rhode Island reds, and black and golden sex-links. And did I not mention, there are also two unruly roosters for her to contend with?

While beating off Rhodie the Rhode Island red rooster, Suzi gathers eggs from the hen's nesting boxes. All the while Mr. Studley waits to attack her again with his two inch long spurs of steel. Since Suzi is not the type to really fight with a poor defenseless chicken, she gently kicks back the pesky rooster with her foot and abducts the future generation of Jr. Studley's so she can make some omelette's.

Suzi is holding a hen affectionately known as "Penny" since she has a copper colored ring around her neck. The kids have "gentled" this one so she does not object too much to being held. This hen lets out a few disgruntled squawks before succumbing to the football hold, accepting her fate to be photographed.

You can check on Suzi at Savy Suzi where her adventures with kids, cooking and family round out the fun.

10 Goddesses Have Spoken:

Terri said...

Suzi & her friend look great! Hey, I tried to send photos to you but they kept bouncing back - is your address correct on the blog?

Suzi said...

Penny is great!

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

I recently added your blog to my reader list. You may just convert me to become an apron girl! Now I just need to buy a stinkin sewing machine!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Love the photo and the apron!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Penny seems to be a good sport! Great picture :)

Anonymous said...

I love chicken! We had a Rhode Island Red when I was a girl. We also had some plain old white ones of some kind and my sister and I would have a gather the eggs. One of us would hold a huge fishing net to keep back the roosters while the other one would grab the hens eggs. It was scary but fun at the same time! BTW, I love your blog and the beautiful aprons!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, look at little Miss Suzi Home Maker. Get it. Why doesn't the chicken have an apron on? I would have been super impressed with a picture of that!

Suzi said...

Yeah, I'll work on that one, an apron for a hen (or rooster).

Anonymous said...

Wow stumbled upon your site! Cute aprons!!Check out my blog at WenbrenExplainsItAll!!

Cloudberry Creations said...

I'm new to your blog but from what I've read so far I really like your blog....so much so that I've added you to my blogroll.