HOME »« CONTACT »« WHY TAG? »«WANT TO BE AN APRON GODDESS?»«ADVERTISING & SPONSORING

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Edible sparklers for 4th of July!

Hey, the Ungourmet here. I wanted to hop over and wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July and also show you the cutest activity for kids...or grown-ups. These are edible sparklers! Aren't they just the coolest?!

My son helped me make these. They are really simple to put together and so festive.

Edible Sparklers
from Martha Stewart

4-6 oz of chocolate chips
1 package of pretzel rods
red, white and blue sprinkles

Set up a double boiler and slowly melt the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally. Using a pastry brush, brush a layer of chocolate on about 1/3 of the pretzel rod. Cover with sprinkles. Place into the fridge to cool. Voila! Instant fun! ;)

Happy 4th, apron goddesses!

Kim

7 Goddesses Have Spoken:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I would love one of those right now with a cup of joe :)

Happy 4th :)

Melodie said...

Those are just super fun and cute! Everyone would like one I think!

Oh, My Darling said...

Chocolate covered pretzels are the best! Loving this idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! Now I want to make some today :)

Suzi said...

Kim, white chocolate would be super yummy too and just as patriotic! I bought some pretzel rods this morning, but the store didn't have the red, white, and blue sprinkles.

theUngourmet said...

Suzi, white chocolate is an awesome idea! Sorry you couldn't find the sprinkles. :(

Unknown said...

waaaaay cute!