HOME »« CONTACT »« WHY TAG? »«WANT TO BE AN APRON GODDESS?»«ADVERTISING & SPONSORING

Friday, December 11, 2009

All-Natural Mama is an Apron Goddess

Today I can present you with another Apron Goddess, Penny at All-Natural Mama, who is a stay-at-home mom to 3 very active little boys, ages 6, 3, and 2. She also can claim the rights of being a small-scale organic vegetable farmer, growing all types of heirloom vegetables on rented farmland near her home in Illinois.

Penny wrote, " Along with growing the vegetables, I sell them locally and preserve the rest for my family's use. This year I canned hundreds of jars of food and have two chest freezers full! I love cooking (but not the cleanup afterwards - thanks to my husband for his help there!), reading, green living, eating locally and well, crocheting, and sewing aprons during the winter."

On Penny's blog, All-Natural Mama, she shares lots of great recipes, show her lastest sewing creations, talk about vegetable growing & food preservation, healthy & green living, self-sufficiency, and more.

And about the adorable lemon apron Penny is wearing... it is her most recent creation! She calls it "Lemon Drop" because of the citrus-printed fabric. It is a "cobbler-style" apron, the front & back are the same. It slips on over the head and ties at the sides.

Penny said, "This apron has a lot of coverage to keep clothes really clean underneath. I created it for a friend who does a lot of summer canning, but teaches music lessons at the end of her day and needs her clothes to be spotless. It's her Christmas gift, and I promise I didn't wear the apron for any real cooking, just for the photograph!"

I found that Penny also makes a few aprons she sells on Etsy at her store called Penny's Creations. So if you are still looking for aprons to give at Christmas you should check out her soft and sweet creations.

Thanks Penny for being Apron Goddess!!!

3 Goddesses Have Spoken:

Anonymous said...

ohoh Looooove it :)
I have been looking for a vintage looking one :(

Clare said...

Penny has a wonderful blog - I live it ! Thanks for introducing me to it.

xx

Clare said...

*sighs*

I 'LOVE* it too.....oh, I am SO having a bad typing day !!!!

xxxx