Enter the GIVEAWAY for Mom/Daughter aprons from Twinklebelle here.
This pair of "Miss Apron Goddesses" are showing off their cupcake patterned aprons made by Lana at the Sassy Apron Shop! I must exclaim that Kebi, on the right and lil' sister Tarra on the left, are looking sassy and oh so cute in their aprons! Great photo ladies!
Kebi says, "My family has always loved to get together in the kitchen and cook. My sis, my Mom, and I do a pretty good job whipping up a mean batch of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. We really enjoy entertaining and usually invite a group over for a big get-together at least once a month.
My favorite thing to cook in the kitchen is desserts. I love all things chocolate or sweet. Here's is my most requested recipe to share with all the other Apron Goddesses, my . I have many requests for these homemade beauties and many a fan has said it's the best pecan pie they've ever eaten! I hope everyone enjoys it."
Kebi's Pecan PieIngredients:
1 9" deep dish pie crust, unbaked
1 stick butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup Karo white corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup pecans, chopped or whole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place pie crust in baking pan. Prick the crust with a fork to prevent it from bubbling up.
2. Beat the eggs, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, place butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Over medium-high heat cook butter mixture until boiling, stirring constantly. Once it reaches a rolling boil, remove from heat.
Gradually stir the butter mixture into the eggs but be sure to add it very slowly so you don't scramble the eggs.
4. Once both mixtures are combined, stir in the pecans and pour into the pie shell.
5. Cover the crust edges with strips of aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil strips and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the filling no longer jiggles when you slightly shake the pie.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before devouring!
Seeing as she is going to enter in the Tulsa State Fair with this recipe, I think she is extremely generous to share it with us! I'm betting she gets the BLUE with it too.
You can visit Kebi at Hanging by a Thread, where you can see how much this young lady has her life organized and totally together even though she thinks she is dangling precariously! Thanks for showing off your apron photo Kebi!!! You have definitely earned your Apron Goddess designation.