HOME »« CONTACT »« WHY TAG? »«WANT TO BE AN APRON GODDESS?»«ADVERTISING & SPONSORING

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Happy Little Surprise

Morning Apron Goddesses in Blogville! Julia here, and I am wishing you a bright start to the week.

I got a little package yesterday. A simple little package. I want to share it with you.

But first rewind.....

This is my favorite cooking pan. Classic cast iron. Deeply blackened from seasons of use. It cooks eggs, sautee's vegetables, braises meats...

A valued and critical instrument of cooking in my kitchen.

Warning: It has a naked handle that heats to searing.



Now jump forward again. Let's leap to the package.

Inside was this colorful beauty!


And the reverse side looks like this.


Now it can be used like THIS!! See, no more fumbling with full sized oven mits. On. Off. On. OFF.... it can be dreadfully slow putting on oven mits especially with wet hands. Let's just say I should have bought one myself by now.


And most importantly, this sweet pot holder came from Anna at Sewing Through the Muck. I don't know how she knew I needed one of these, but she did!

Thank you Anna for your wonderful gift. It really made my day.




One more thing I forgot to show.
This is what my oven mitts look like...
They are ready for retirement.

10 Goddesses Have Spoken:

Tales of Whimsy said...

O
Fab fab!
I bought my husband silicone handles for his cast iron :)

Julie Harward said...

That is so handy and so cute too! How nice of her too! Come say hi :D

brokenteepee said...

Oh, how pretty.
My potholders are pretty nasty too. I bought silicone ones but I am not happy with them.
They get hot.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Aren't friends wonderful...;-)

Suzi said...

Mine are just as shabby. Time for new ones.

Carrie said...

How great is that! It looks like it came just in time.

Will F. said...

Wow, be careful, those mitts look pretty scary. I really like Annas colorful potholders!!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Morning, Good thing you got the hot pad you really need it;>)
Have a great Easter.

~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Anna Circo said...

Sweet post! The potholder has double heat resistant batting so it should keep the heat away. I'm happy you like it.

theUngourmet said...

Gee, my pot holders look the same way. What a nice surprise! I love the colors in this!